Sunday, October 2, 2016

Week 6

This week I read a short story by the author Etgar Keret called "Pipe". It was his first short story and though it was pretty short, it told a lot. He wrote this story about a twisty turny pipe that he crafted and when he put a marble into one end of the pipe, it would disappear before it made it to the other end. After putting a lot of marbles through it and none came out the other end, he had a random thought that if he made a tube in the same manner big enough so that he could fit inside, he would disappear like the marbles. I enjoyed reading this piece because I could relate to the goofy thought that came to his mind, as similar thoughts make their way into my mind from time to time. Keret used the entertainment E to tell a goofy story that one might relate to, like i did. I think I'll read more stories from Etgar Keret.

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/142572/read-etgar-kerets-first-short-story

No comments:

Post a Comment